With busy, hectic lives, our oral health sometimes falls by the wayside. Here are 5 easy things you can to do to keep your mouth healthy:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes, two times a day.
- Drink water. Not only does it hydrate you, it cleans bacteria from your teeth.
- Avoid sugary foods. Energy drinks, soda and sticky candy do damage to the surface of your teeth and increase the risk of cavities.
- Stop smoking. Smoking creates an ideal environment for bacteria that can cause gum infection and bone loss.
- Visit your dentist! Remember to come see us twice a year for cleanings and to catch any problems that DO show up, early!